Please note: Unless otherwise specified, the Terms and Conditions below applies to private commissions (i.e. for personal use).
For commercial projects, the terms and conditions are likely to instead be determined through a contract.
By commissioning me, you agree to have read and understood the terms of service provided below.
These Terms of Service govern all offers and the preparation, content and performance of all agreements concluded between the client (also referred to as ‘you’) and the artist, Marta Pato, also known as “ObscureBeauty” or “ObscureBeauty Art” (also referred to as ‘me’).
Commissions are confirmed in writing by the client. If the client fails to do so but consents to me commencing the work commissioned, the terms of the offer are deemed to have been agreed on and these Terms of Service apply.
- All artwork is made and provided digitally, unless otherwise discussed.
- Prices are subject to change based on demand.
- I have the right to reject any order for any reason.
- I reserve the right to decline or rescind acceptance of a commission if I believe it not to be a good fit for any reason.
- You must be 18+ to order an artwork.
- I share the final commissions on social media/in my portfolio, and I occasionally stream my commission work. If you wish to be exempt from this, I must be informed of this in advance so an alternative approach/conditions can be discussed.
Communication Unless otherwise specified and agreed upon, all communication in regard to the commission will be taking place through e-mail, with the exception of the use of the inquiry form. DMs, social media or Discord are not a reliable way to get in contact with me for business inquiries.
You are required to make available in good time all information and data in a standard format that is needed for the execution of the commission. Be as clear and thorough as possible in your initial communication to avoid misunderstandings and additional fees (see ‘Revisions & Edits’ section for more).
In the event that I do not hear from you for longer than 2 weeks without prior notification of your absence, I will place your commission back in the queue and prioritize other commissions. If I do not hear from you within 1 month, I will consider the commission cancelled and the 50% deposit non-refundable.
I in turn obligate myself to stay in contact with you throughout the duration of commission, provide a minimum of two preliminary viewings of the artwork, communicate any potential scheduling delays to the best of my abilities, and provide updates when requested to do so (within reason, harassment will not be tolerated).
If the commission is accepted, a minimum 50% down payment of the agreed upon quote is required to confirm the commission. If you are placed in the queue, you will be asked to pay the 50% deposit once it is your turn.
The final 50% of the cost is to be paid after the artwork is finished, but before the delivery of the full resolution image.
Any potential transfer fees are to be covered by the client.
- Payments accepted through Paypal or Ko-FI.
- Commissions can be paid either 100% upfront or split 50% upfront and 50% before the finaly delivery.
- I work on a first come, first serve basis, so the sooner you commit the sooner your picture will get done. You can see where you are on the commission queue linked in the commission info page.
- Payment is to be made in a timely manner (as stated on the invoice) in order to avoid scheduling delays. If this is for some reason not possible, I require to be notified in advance.
- Prices quoted may be subject to change due to unforeseen changes in the work. The rates and offers quoted do not automatically apply to future commissions.
Process & Delivery
I will make every effort to perform the work commissioned carefully and independently, to promote your interests to the best of my ability and to aim to achieve a result that is useful to you, as can and may be expected of a reasonably and professionally acting artist.
The time it takes to finish your commission varies 1 week – 3 months depending on factors such as health, the complexity of the commissioned piece, other work, con seasons, scheduling overlaps, and other unforeseen circumstances. I will communicate this to you in the event that this is the case.
Here’s how I work:
- I sketch, line art, color, and shade depending on your commission type.
- I will send you WIPs (work in progress) pictures that I expect you to review in regards to any changes.
- When I deem a commission completed, I will send a screenshot/low resolution version of the work your way for a final inspection. Once you have confirmed the final result and the final invoice has been paid, I will provide a full resolution 300dpi JPG or PNG of the work.
If you require a specific resolution/size (for example, for printing purposes), I require for that to be stated at the beginning of the commission process.
Note: There is no physical product. I can also print and ship your artwork. Just ask 🙂
Revisions & Edits
- During the sketch phase, there can be 2 major modifications.
- During the lineart phase, there can be 2 minor modifications.
- After I color, I will only change colours as per your request 1 time.
- Any other reviews besides these will have an increase in price at the rate of 20 gbp per hour.
Unreasonable revisions that require re-doing a significant portion of the artwork will be charged an extra cost at the previously stated hourly rate.
These include but are not limited to:
- Rearranging the entire composition after the sketch phase completion
- Redrawing a character from scratch after the sketch phase
- Changing an entire character outfit after the sketch phase
- Changing the full color palette of the painting after it has been completed
- Changing an entire background etc.
What will I draw?
|✅ Humans/humanoids/Fantasy humanoid characters
|❌ Furries/anthros and ponies (It would look so bad)
|✅ Couples and ships of any gender
|❌ Hateful art, extreme gore and fetishes
|✅ Humanized furry/anthro characters and ponies
|❌ Imitate others’ artstyles
|✅ Soft NSFW (sexy/suggestive/revealing characters)
|❌ Mecha art & realism
Rights and Usage
- The Artist expressly reserves all right, title and ownership of all original artwork produced pursuant to these Terms of Service, including all preliminary materials, including but not limited to sketches and comps.
- The Client agrees to use the artwork for their private use only, and agrees to not publish, print, employ, advertise, distribute or otherwise utilize the artwork for financial gain. This can be further modified in the future through additional compensation and writing signed by both parties.
- The Client agrees to not alter the commissioned artwork without my (the Artist’s) consent, and/or claim the artwork as their own.
- The Client agrees to indemnify Artist against any and all claims and expenses incurred as a result of Client’s unauthorized use of the Work under this Agreement, including the enforcement of this Agreement by Artist.
- I allow personal commissions to be posted on social media under condition that I be credited with ‘ObscureBeauty Art’ and a link to one of my social media pages or this website, or tagged where applicable.
- If you mean to use this artwork for commercial purposes (promotional material, merch, Youtube/Twitch, books, games, boardgames or anything meant for further financial gain), then a license/copyright transfer is required through further compensation and different terms specified with a contract. This needs to be communicated at the beginning of the inquiry process.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
You may cancel your commission at any time by sending written notice thereof to me through email. Upon such cancellation, you agree to compensate me as follows:
- The Client is not allowed a refund once I started working on the commission.
- If for any reason I am unable to start your commission you will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel your order before I started it, you can get a full refund.
- If you request a Paypal chargeback at any point when you were not allowed to ask for a refund you will lose all beforementioned rights to the commissioned piece and I will have the full right to profit further from it in any way. I will decline the chargeback and supply Paypal with our conversations in which we talk about the commission as evidence that I have completed work for you. Furthermore, you will be blacklisted for commissioning me again.
By sending payment, you agree to the above terms.
Deviation from these Terms of Service may be agreed on between the client and the artist only in writing. If any provision of these Terms of Service is void or voided, the other provisions of these Terms of Service continue to apply in full.
Contact me for more information or to place an order.
I look forward to making something beautiful together.